Internet marketing isn’t about finding the one single technique that will generate serious revenue. It is more about using a combination of different methods to improve the overall picture. Website strategy is just one tool in a box of many, but it is an important one.
The goal of SEO is to drive traffic to a website, but what happens once they get there? Is there a compelling reason for them to stick around? Without good website development, a user will click off a page almost immediately. Of course, it becomes impossible to market effectively if there is no audience to receive the information. Here are six handy tips that can help capture that click and get the message heard.
• Make it easy to navigate. Many businesses make the mistake of trying to cram too much information on a single page. Not only is this confusing, but also it makes it difficult for a user to find what they are looking for. Pages should be short, concise, and clearly tell a user where to go next.
• Offer useful content. Users come to a website for one reason-to solve a problem. They may be searching for information or entertainment, but they have a primary need. Create rich SEO content based on this understanding.
• Make it friendly for mobile users. With more than 4.8 billion mobile device users, this is a rapidly expanding area in web site development. In North America, mobile web is expanding 110% each year. A traditional site, built for desktop internet use, doesn’t work well with smartphones. Web design companies can provide owners with smartphone friendly platforms.
• Invest in search engine optimization services. SEO is a complicated process, but it can put a business light-years ahead of the competition. It may mean the difference between a listing on the first page of search engine results, or being relegated so far down the list that no one would ever find it.
• Treat on-page SEO and off-page SEO equally. The marketing that is done today influences the purchasing decisions of tomorrow. Google and ComScore did a joint study that looked at consumer buying behavior. The results showed that only 16 percent of online purchases are made immediately. The remaining was the result of a consumer researching a product or service and then returning later to buy.
• Track the results. Web analytics is a vital component to a successful site. It enables an owner to be able to identify what works and what does not. It is also useful to have an online competitor analysis. Comparisons can reveal new strategies that can be implemented to achieve greater success.